Wickham Wizard Walk-A-Thon
Thursday, May 17th 2018
On May 17th, all our Wickham Students will participate in a Walk-A-Thon during the school day. The Walk-A-Thon will be a fun event where every student will walk approximately one mile. There will be stations set up with some fun activities (bubbles! hula hoops! chalk footprints and more!) and will conclude with a cool snack. This event is designed to provide students with an active role in helping to fund technology at the school, and having a good time while fulfilling a PE requirement. We are asking them to seek donations in exchange for their efforts during the event.
This event is designed to provide students with an active role in helping to increase technology at the school, while having a good time, by obtaining donations in exchange for their efforts during the event. Although all students will walk in the event, obtaining donations is purely optional.
Sponsorship Forms are being sent home with every student on Friday, May 4th.
Collection envelopes will be due to the office on Monday, May 14th by 3:00 p.m.
Donations can be made by cash/check and turned in with the Donation Envelopes or On-line Donations can be made by clicking the button below. When making an on-line donation, there will be a prompt where you can put in a student's name and Teacher's Name (thus, your student will get "credit" for this donation).
The goal is to purchase approximately 100 chrome books for the school with funds raised from this event.
* All Students will receive a 2018 Wizard-Walk-A-Thon T-Shirt!
* All Students who raise at least $10 will receive a glow-in-the dark Wickham Wizards neon necklace.
* All Students who raise at least $20 will receive a pair of crazy socks to wear to the Walk-A-Thon.
* All Students who raise at least $40 will receive a Wickham Wizard Squishy.
* All Students who raise at least $50 will be entered into a raffle to win a Nintendo Switch . NOTE: For every $50 increment raised, students will receive another raffle ticket, e.g. raise $100- student receives 2 raffle tickets; for $150-student receives 3 raffle tickets, etc.
* THE TOP 3 FUNDRAISERS IN EACH GRADE (e.g. 3 students per grade) will earn a spot in a LIMO RIDE to Culvers for lunch on May 21st
* The student with the MOST INDIVIDUAL DONATIONS (donations must be $5 minimum per donation to be counted) will also earn a spot in a LIMO RIDE to Culvers for lunch on May 21st
WINNERS OF THE LUNCH AND THE NINTENDO SWITCH WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT SCHOOL on May 17th